Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jump For Joy!

Here's your poster child:
My creation
So, the nurses slapped some Durma Bond on Mom's leak.
Tonight, they are removing half of her stitches. Tomorrow morning they will remove the remaining stitches. She will start taking the antibiotics orally.
Yes, folks. If there are no "episodes" tonight, Mom is being released tomorrow afternoon!!!
No insulin shots required.
No need for the feeding tube (although it will remain attached for another 4 weeks just in case).
Unbelievable.
Mom would like to thank all of you for taking this journey with her. You made the operation much easier to face, the recovery much faster and the hospital bearable.

I know you all are anxious to see Mom. She wants to see you, too. But she's asking for the remainder of the week to settle in. Please wait until Monday before visiting the house. Also, my parents have requested that you call before stopping by. Thank you so much for being so understanding, so willing to help and so concerned about Mom. She's so lucky to have such a wonderful group of loving and caring people in her life.

And don't worry, we will keep you updated. We will keep you updated as long as Mom will allow it! And I promise to have more pictures of Mom up soon. I've been sick, so I've stayed away from the hospital the past few days.


You did it Mom!
See you at home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose,
So good the hear all this wonderful news! That is Hoosier fortitude at it's best!

God has answered all our prayers, now go home rest and heal!

Love ya,
Peggy and Louie

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Waddy is NOT allowed to be in the hospital. You get yourself out ASAP. I am sure you have made great friends with the nurses, but I know you are ready to get home. And if I remember correctly, TOOTING is something that comes VERY natural to your entire family! You are in my prayers- love ya
Elizabeth Noethling Johnson (still wroking on getting that man to purpose so I can drop my ex-husbands last name)

Unknown said...

You have done an amazing job! I am extremely proud of you. I have trouble expressing in words how proud of you I am. I am excited you don't need insulin injections and you don't need to use your feeding tube! It is truly amazing. God does work miracles and you are evidence of that. Kitty Girl will be so happy to see you back home! I love you! You are amazing and I can't wait to get back down there to see you.

Nurse Larry, keep taking good care of mamaw. You have done a great job as well. You are both amazing people and I love you both!

Angela and Kelli, you are both doing such a wonderful job keeping all of us informed on the recovery. Keep taking care of my mamaw. I love you all! I'm glad I was able to come and spend time with you all last week.

Love you all, Betsy

Anonymous said...

Rose we are so thankfull you are doing so well. I hope you have a peacefull week when you get home and everyone will be considerate of your recovery. You will be so proud of your girls when you read your blog,and we thank them for keeping us informed since we are so far away. Love you all and I will be waiting for our fun in Florida. Sandi

b.callahan said...

I'm so happy to hear all the good news mamaw! I'm also hoping to make my way down for a visit within the next few weeks. Keep up the speedy recovery. Thanks to papaw and my lovely aunts for taking such good care of you, and keeping all of us in the loop!

I love you all very much.

Anonymous said...

Would 'nurse Larry' consider making house calls?