Sunday, January 25, 2009

Too Much Hospital



So, this morning Kelli relieved Nurse Larry of his duties so that he could get some work done this afternoon. As you can see from the video, it's clear that he needed some fresh air.
I called for an update a couple hours ago. Fever is back to normal but she's starting to feel a little warm. The blood cultures came back: 3 of the 4 were positive for bacteria. They just don't know what kind yet. So, they'll let them grow a little longer before deciding what to do. She's not feeling any pain from the infection. She's on antibiotics (piperacillen) and (tazobactam) every four hours. Her blood pressure was normal. Blood sugar was a little high today. She's been doing a lot of walking.
I'd asked if she'd had any visitors. No, she said. She's been able to get a lot of rest today.
I'm sure Kelli will update with more later.

6 comments:

Kelli Rose said...

GROSS!! That sock has been cleaning the hospital floors all morning.

Angela Georges said...

But it made you laugh,right?

Shelia said...

Larry, I am so impressed! Who would have thought. Sometimes people really suprise me with what they can do and how talented they are. Wow! you and Rose both have such wonderful gifts. I loved it but I got to tell you-do not quit your day job just yet. Practice a little more with the straw.I know Rose is so proud of you just as you are of her.I know you will need to get back to work tomorrow so you can do something really constructive(ha). Rose,it sounds like you are doing wonderfully. Yea! See you tomorrow. Love you,Shelia

Shelia said...

ROSE, I FORGOT TO ADD SOMETHING YOU NEED TO KNOW. DO NOT, UNLESS IT IS AN ABSOLUTE EMERGENCY, I REPEAT DO NOT CALL ME AT 6:30 ANY MORNING TO TELL ME TO BRING YOU SOMETHING!

Anonymous said...

from Rose's other half to Shelia:
I knew from the capitals you were serious about being woken up early!
Guess who got a phone call at 5:20 this morning! Yep, you got it ! Oh well I don't mind though because we
are on the same schedule The other half don't sleep so well either. Call me anytime and well have tea Rose. I didn't call for a couple days because when I heard about your infection, I was ashamed of easing up when I know you still have some ways to go yet in recovery. Sounded like you are doing well again . Love and prayers
Ro-Ro and many thanks to you Shelia
for being there for Rose and Larry.
God Bless You.

Shelia said...

You are so welcome Sue. I love her and know she would be there for me if I needed her to be. That is what friends are for. I was making a joke for her cause she knows I am not a morning person. She has to usually make me walk with her in the mornings cause I always want to wait til afternoon. Hope I can meet you someday. Shelia