Monday, January 26, 2009

Wide Awake, It's Morning!

how i entertain my relatives
Kelli, Mom called me at 6:30am, too. She didn't ask me to bring her gum though.
And I didn't actually answer the phone. I called her back at 7:30 when my eyes were open and I had some coffee brewing.

Me: Did you call me at 6:30 in the morning?
Mom: Yeah. (In the way that only Mom can say "Yeah")
Me: Just because you're laid up in the hospital doesn't mean you can call me that early. Don't ever call me that early again.
Mom: (Laughing.) I thought you'd be up!
Me: When have you EVER known me to be up that early.

That was the beginning of our fairly long conversation. And now I feel good about my mother's recovery. It was just like before she went in. We went back and forth and I listened to her just breathe for a little while. (Because sometimes that's what we do- just listen to each other breathe over the phone.) Things seem back to normal.

She will get the results of the blood cultures back today. She said, "Today we will know something."

I already know something....
Everything's going to be fine.

Love you!

*Edited to update:
Mom just called and the bacteria infection is called Klebsiella.
They gave her a new bag of medicine (she didn't say what it was) and she's going to get some shut-eye before Shelia arrives.

Mamaw

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that picture is pretty scary!!!! Glad to know they found out what the bacteria is....now they'll fix it! You sounded great this morning, Rose. I hope Larry doesn't get too caught up in work today - of course if he does, maybe he won't do any more of his clean ear tricks! Take care and I'll talk to you soon. Love to all.
Debbie E.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't mean the picture of Rose and the baby....I meant the one above it (yep, only me)
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose!! (And everybody else!!)
I just got word of the blog, and I am so glad to hear that things are good and our Rose is getting back to better quickly! I miss you all and love you a lot.
Always,
Rachelmae

Anonymous said...

doug said; hey rose glad your doing so well,sue and i prayed for u,looks like GOD hear them, happy u are doing so well. keep getting better and u will be back to your old self soon. is larry getting any rest? hope to see u soon. bye