Tuesday, January 20, 2009

When do I get all the ice chips I want?


Matt, Brennan, Angela and I arrived just after 5:30pm this evening and were packed in the room like sardines...only 2 chairs per room allowed.   They already have a cot ready for Dad to spend the night. 

Mom looks terrific and in good spirits! She is still waiting for her order of steak and potatoes...but all she gets is a few ice chips.  She is having to breath through an Airlife 10x every hour to help open up her lungs after surgery...the nurse also said it helps keep her temp down. 

Julie and Bets got on a plane to fly home at 12...and we finally got word around 2:30PM they landed safe and sound in Indy.  

Sheila Evans was in mom's room for over 3 hours to give my dad time to run home...feed the kitty and take a shower.  Thanks Sheila...Dad is eating that leftover sandwich too! 




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom told me yesterday afternoon that she was really hungry and that she could eat a horse. Then she said, "Vincent, I'd really like a diet Coke." This morning Mom asked the night nurse if he was still working on her steak-n-eggs. He said, "Yeah, they're still working on them in the kitchen." Dad said they were pureeing it and Betsy added, "They’re making them into ice chips".
Love you Mom. Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have done this. It makes it so nice for those of us who couldn't be there to stay up on what's going on without calling you a million times. I love reading the comments you have posted. They make me laugh and they make me cry. My thoughts have been with you all. I love you Aunt Rose. Love, Chris

Kelli Rose said...

Thanks Chris!! We appreciate all the love coming from Indy!!

Rose said...

Julie- I asked her, "Are you really that hungry?"
She said, "No. I don't want to eat anything."

Then, she looked over at Matt and got mad because he was eating M&M's in front of her!
Dad asked Brennan if he wanted a bite of his sandwich. He said no and mom said, "I DO!"

I wonder what her first meal will be....

Anonymous said...

Hi RoRo, it's nice to see you! What would we do without our computers and cell phones? Your group of 'angels' sure have looked after you, what a blessing. You did
let God do the holding and you did the trusting, thank you Jesus for
being with her. Now I don't want you to think I'm complaining it's the twin thing, I was so nasueated lastnight, I had to take a P.M. so I could get to sleep and quit snacking trying to feel better! I love love you Rose, hope to see you soon. Your other 'half'. When I feel like complaining, I'm going to remember God's faithfulness and 'give thanks
to the Lord for my many blessings.